Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Patience and Enjoying the Now

Waterfall in Yellowstone


Visiting my brother Robby in Wyoming

My friend Shannon and I

Girl's night with friends from Bozeman

Having fun after swimming in the Boiling River in Yellowstone Park. (If you are ever in the park you should should definitely take a dip. Hot Water from geothermal activity cascades off the river banks and mixes with the cold river water)

About a week and a half ago I found out that things are going to take a little bit longer than expected for my work visa to be completed. Instead of the original estimate of later October, it now looks like it is going to be the end of November. Initially I was frustrated, but then came to the realization that there is nothing I can to to change the timing of things. Not that I am going to stop praying that God speeds things up a bit, but now I can just take comfort in the fact that He is in control and that I will arrive in Lima according to His timing.


I have decided that it is much easier to have patience in the presence of amazing friends and family. I have started substitute teaching again, but have really just been able to take advantage of opportunities to spend time with family and friends and enjoy fall. That has meant being able to go hiking with friends, visit my brother in Wyoming, play cards with my grandparents, make numerous visits to Bozeman, visit Yellowstone, and much more. I also feel like God has answered my prayer for patience and has focused my attention on the positives of being home for a little while longer.

5 comments:

Fawn said...

Hi Kami! I was so happy to get your newsletter in my inbox. and now can even keep updated on your blog! I love all the pictures--oh that beautiful Montana!!
I will be praying for you as you wait for your visa to arrive. I know God will use you wherever you are!
I am so excited to see the pictures and stories of your experience when you arrive in Peru.
its so great to keep in touch with you!
and if you want, you can click on my name and it will lead you to my blog, i have one on the same site :)
well i gotta get to work! take care Kami!

Unknown said...

Hey Jo -
Glad you got the blog up. Now I'll just add you to my daily roll... Sounds like I'll be home on Friday for the weekend.

It was great to see ya on Thursday, even if it was only for a couple hours. love ya

Sydni said...

Kami! I want to thank you so much for your newsletters and for blogging. You have talents which you're using for God's glory and it just brightens my day.

I've subscribed to your blog and can't wait to see what you post!!

Love and blessings.

Unknown said...

question of the day:

Did you know that "mad as a monkey on a trike" is a euphemism for someone being crazy?

And here I always thought there was nothing more fun than a monkey smoking a cigar and riding a trike...

well at least i thought that toby told me that once.

:)

Nisleys said...

Thanks for the newsletter and the blog site. We are excited for you and all God has for you in Peru. How does one summarize what God does in your life as He moves you to a new culture. It is crazy, stretching, fun, exhausting and I am so glad God is not taking His hand off for a second. We are excited with you for your new adventure. Keep us posted, Sonja